Dr. Patricia Campbell, our partner in educational outreach, will be leading several events this week in Mississippi. These lectures and workshops are a follow-up to our 2013 Mississippi Repatriation project.
* Lecture at Delta State (Cleveland MS)
* Discussion with Blues Archive personnel, Delta State
* School class sessions in Sardis MS
* School class sessions in Oxford MS
* Graduate Music group lecture, U-MS
* Undergraduate Music group lecture, U-MS
Dr. Campbell will be presenting community-based Lessons Plans, developed by her and her team for ACE, which use songs collected by Alan Lomax in those communities as source material. The events are sponsored by Dr. Alan Spurgeon, Director of Music Education and Graduate Coordinator in Music at Ole Miss, Norm Easterbrook at the Ford Center, and Greg Johnson, curator of University’s Blues Archive.
Originally posted: October 13, 2014